Davao City now allows events after shifting to GCQ

AS DAVAO City reverted to general community quarantine (GCQ) with no restrictions, the City Government has again allowed the conduct of meeting, incentive, convention, and exhibition (Mice) events but with a maximum of 50-percent capacity.

City Tourism Operations Office (CTOO) Head Generose Tecson told SunStar Davao in a text message on Tuesday, October 6, 2021, Mice events are once again allowed after four months since its suspension when the city shifted to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from June 5 to July 15, and GCQ with heightened restrictions from July 16 to September 30.

She also said social events are now allowed up to 30-percent maximum capacity of the venue.

According to the guidelines in conducting events as of October 1, event organizers must have an existing business permit, City Tourism certificate, and Department of Tourism (DOT) accreditation. Suppliers are also required to secure business permits, while talents must have occupational permits.

For organizers coming from outside Davao City, they must secure a special mayor’s permit or occupational permit, and current business permit.

Social events such as debut and birthday parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers must secure an event notice and must be filed five working days before the event.

Mice events that will be required to secure a special mayor’s permit include workshops, training, seminars, congresses, conferences, conventions, board meetings, colloquia, conclaves, symposia, company or government recognitions, and press conferences. This must be filed 15 working days before the event with the Business Bureau.

The links of the forms for social event notice and special mayor’s permit can be found on the official page of CTOO.

For Mice venues, they must have a current-year business permit, city tourism certificate and DOT accreditation.

They also must secure a copy of a special mayor’s permit or event notice issued by the CTOO to hold the event.

“Please ensure that event organizers, suppliers, [and] talents have current year Business Permits or Occupational Permits and adhere to guidelines and policies of national government agencies and the City Government of Davao,” CTOO said.

In case of changes in community quarantine status or when public interest so requires, events will be automatically canceled.

In a separate interview, Tecson said strict measures will still be implemented to avoid these events from becoming “super spreaders.”

“Masaya po kami na nag-GCQ na tayo but ang pag-continue nitong community [quarantine] status na ito, whether bababa to MGCQ (modified general community quarantine) will really depend sa atin, sa disiplina natin at saka sa pagiging responsible sa mga minimum health standards,” the official said in an interview on 87.5 FM Davao City Disaster Radio.

(We are happy that we are now under GCQ, but as to whether we will shift to MGCQ will depend on us — how we become disciplined and responsible in following the minimum health standards.)

Tourism

Tecson also said the city, under GCQ, allows tourists within Davao Region to enter the city.

Authorized persons outside residence (Apor) are still allowed to enter the region. Those who will enter the region via Francisco Bangoy International Airport (Davao International Airport) must still secure a negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) taken within 72 hours.

This is in accordance with the City Ordinance 0477-21, Series of 2021, “persons entering Davao City via the Davao International Airport are mandated to present their RT-PCR Covid-19 Test Result to Davao City officials and/or authorities, along with a valid government-issued identification card.”

Despite the gradual resumption of events, Tecson said this is not the time to be complacent, even if many Dabawenyos had already been vaccinated.

“Hindi naman kasi ibig sabihin na mag-happy-happy tayo. Hindi pa ito ang panahon,” she said.

(This does not mean that we could engage in merry-making. This is not the proper time.)

Davao City will be under GCQ with no restrictions until October 31.

SunStar Davao

SunStar Davao

SunStar Davao is Davao City's most sought after community content provider in both print and online. It is part of the SunStar news network in the Philippines. Sun.Star Davao started as a bi-weekly newspaper Peryodiko Dabaw in December 1985 by Elpidio G. Damaso as the so-called alternative press during the end days of the Marcos dictatorship. It started publishing five times a week the following year and was relaunched as Ang Peryodiko Dabaw on September 7, 1987, marking the entry of new investors and its use of desktop publishing, while its Davao City competitors were still using letterpress.

Related Posts

Next Post

Must Read

Recommended

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?