No more home isolation for COVID-19 cases

THE CITY government will no longer allow home isolation for mild and asymptomatic COVID-19 patients.

Dr. Michelle Schlosser, spokesperson of the COVID-19 Task Force, said the city government is only allowing those who have started home isolation to complete their schedules as new ones will be brought to temporary treatment and monitoring facilities whose occupancy has been drastically reduced due to the decreasing number of cases in the city.

“[I’d like] to confirm that starting today, [November 3), wala na tayong home isolation. Ipa-complete nalang natin ‘yong currently naka-home isolation,” Schlosser said. New cases since November 3 have been admitted in TTMFs.

In September, the city government decided to adopt home isolation because of the high number of cases as the approach reduced the number of cases being brought to hospitals and TTMFs.

Under the home isolation policy, only mild and asymptomatic patients can do their quarantine at home provided they adhere to regulations such as separate bedrooms and bathrooms as t

It can be recalled that in September, Davao City COVID-19 Task Force has started allowing positive patients to stay home due to the surge in the number of cases, provided that they are not living with any vulnerable to the illness, like children, elderly and those with comorbidities.

“We are going to stop home isolation because ang clause ng home isolation – we only allow home isolation if may surge. Currently, we are not anymore within the surge. Wala na tayong surge so therefore, wala ng reason para mag-home isolation because we have enough number of COVID beds. Dili nata magkulang. So, even ‘tong mga asymptomatic, we can accommodate them sa atong mga TTMFs,” Schlosser said.

Mindanao Times

Mindanao Times

Mindanao Times is the longest-running community newspaper in Mindanao.

Related Posts

Next Post

Manila Standard

  • DOH designates isolation facilities as monkeypox spreads fast abroad
    by Willie Casas on May 27, 2022 at 12:30 am

    The Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) will be the main isolation facility for suspect, probable, and confirmed monkeypox cases, the Department of Health said Thursday. The DOH indicated that its Field Implementation and Coordination Team (FICT) and the One Hospital Command Center (OHCC) are working on the specific designation of isolation facilities with the The post DOH designates isolation facilities as monkeypox spreads fast abroad appeared first on Manila Standard.

  • Expanded 2nd booster shot starts
    by Willie Casas on May 27, 2022 at 12:25 am

    The Philippines rolled out Thursday the second COVID-19 booster shots to the elderly and health workers. The Health Technology and Assessment Council (HTAC) earlier this May recommended another additional dose to medical workers and senior citizens. Following HTAC’s recommendation, messenger RNA vaccines such as Pfizer and Moderna will be given at least 4 months after The post Expanded 2nd booster shot starts appeared first on Manila Standard.

  • Final resting place
    by Danny Pata on May 26, 2022 at 11:58 pm

    Families, relatives, and friends pay their last respects to the late actress Susan Roces as her remains are brought to her final resting place at the Manila North Cemetery beside the tomb of her husband, Filipino action king Fernado Poe Jr. on Wednesday. The post Final resting place appeared first on Manila Standard.

  • Protecting Sarangani Bay
    by Manila Standard on May 26, 2022 at 11:55 pm

    Volunteer scuba divers from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and local government units of Sarangani Province lead the underwater collection of the crown-of-thorns starfish which prey on the coral reefs of Sarangani Bay, one of the country’s most biodiversity-rich protected seascapes. The post Protecting Sarangani Bay appeared first on Manila Standard.

  • Booster shot for Abalos
    by Manny Palmero on May 26, 2022 at 11:53 pm

    COVID-19 testing Zcar Secretary Vince Hizon, Mandaluyong Mayor Menchie Abalos, MMDA chair Romando Artes, Antipolo Mayor Casimiro Jun Ynarez III, and SM Supermall president Steven Tan look on as incoming Mandaluyong City Mayor Benjamin Abalos Sr. receives his second COVID-19 booster vaccine during the launch of Sabay Savaxx Kontra Covid at SM Megamall. The post Booster shot for Abalos appeared first on Manila Standard.

Must Read

Tsek.ph

Recommended

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.