By Jennifer P. Rendon
No more walk-ins, please.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in Region 6 appealed to applicants of the educational assistance not to go to the designated venue for today’s (August 27) payout if they were not scheduled for assessment.
“Kung wala sila nakabaton text, email ukon pahibalo nga nadala sila sa payout, indi na sila magkadto sa venue kay wala sang walk-in clients nga paga-atubagon,” according to Atty. May Rago-Castillo, DSWD-6 public information officer.
Castillo stressed that only clients who are on their list will be entertained for assessment.
Based on DSWD-6 records, 8,905 beneficiaries are listed for the August 27 payout.
Negros Occidental, including Bacolod City, will have the most number of beneficiaries at 3,000 while Iloilo, including Iloilo City, will have 2,200 beneficiaries.
Antique has recorded 1,003 beneficiaries while Capiz has 1,002; Aklan with 1,000; and Guimaras with 700.
In Iloilo, the payout venues are in:
* Lone district (943 beneficiaries) – Freedom Grandstand on Aduana Street, Iloilo City;
* First district (140 clients) – Municipal gym of Guimbal;
* Second district (293) – Municipal gym of Sta. Barbara;
* Third district (205) – Municipal gym of Janiuay
* Third district (129) – Astrodome in Pototan
* Fourth district (428) – Municipal gym of Anilao; and
* Fifth district (62) – evacuation center in Poblacion, Barotac Viejo
“For those who are not included in the August 27 payout, they will have four more Saturdays to apply,” Castillo said.
She is hopeful that the next payout will turn out to be more orderly, peaceful, and smooth considering they have added satellite areas.
Castillo said they are hopeful to accommodate all those who were scheduled since they have also taken into account the personnel needed, the time required, and the number of target beneficiaries.